[Dailydrool] Ellie Maes Grandma Sara

Terry amzany at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 12 17:12:43 PDT 2009

My Grandma has gotten  cards, photos, and even beautiful Roses today and yesterday from Pw. Tasselhoff and Fizban.  My Mom says this is such a wonderful way to teach children compassion for others.  I wish that all of you could see how much this means to my grandma.  She has gone from someone who never gets mail to someone now who the mailperson is the highlight of her day.  She wonders how Pw. Tasselhoff and Fizban knew that Roses are the only fresh cut flowers that she's not allergic to.  Mom told her it is the wisdom of the Bassets.  She comments on each picture and card and smiles at the notes when they are read to her.  I think that she is somewhat confused by all the mail but after all of you have remembered her on your special people list at Christmas in the past maybe she shouldn't be surprised.  In fact the last time she got mail like this was at Christmas the year before last when we submitted her name to the Daily Drool.  You guys are the bestest when it comes to cheering people up and letting them know they are not alone.  Mom always thought it was more fun sending the cards to the heroes list than anyone else she sent them to.  Grandma never threw her Basset Christmas cards away while she lived at her home that's how important they were to her.  Mom says all her cards she gets now will go in a special box once she leaves us and be put in a special place in out home.  Mom has posted an album of photos of Grandma Sara on her Facebook page but she'll be darn if she knows  how to tell anyone how to get to it.  Mom tries hard but she's not real gifted about the Web site pages I'm surprised that she managed to upload the photo's all by herself.  Maybe someone who is gifted can tell her how to do it.  She belongs to the Drool Site on FaceBook maybe one of you guys can tell her how?   Hey all my GREAT BASSET FRIENDS thanks again for caring so much.  Miss Ellie Mae Basset and Family