[Dailydrool] Annie

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 12 19:05:46 PDT 2009

Well good for you and Annie - excellent news. The rubbing of the head in the dirtiest, smelliest crud on
earth is what a basset does.  Both Dazey and Miss Becky did it. Dazey was an expert
when we would go walking where some people threw some awful smelly stuff over fence
guess who had to go down and roll her head in it and that required a bath again. And
one day after a father's day bbq at a nursing home where she visited she rolled in something awful on
our way home. Saw the head go down but I wasn't quick enough. She stunk!

Miss Becky's preference were cow pies.  One day she was completely green and
people steered well around her. Got her home and bathed her in vinegar.
Bears do that to rub their scent off them to discourage their enemies - why bassets do it
I have no idea but they all seem to!!!!!!!
Georgie and Miss Becky
Sounds like Annie is on her way. Amazing dogs are so forgiving! even to rotten owners.