[Dailydrool] Seniors

Heidi I Sarver sarvermb at UDel.Edu
Thu Jun 4 06:16:37 PDT 2009

Clearly Buford, OEBE Garbagemeister Extraordinaire is a senior.  At
10 1/2 years of age he has been with me since he was 7 months old.  A
psuedo-rescue in that he did not come from a rescue group but rather
a family who was giving him away because he was too much of a
burden.  What puppy of ANY breed between the ages of 3-7 months ISN'T
a "burden?!"  They're PUPPIES!!!  But all that is ancient history.
Buford, even with his ability to eat through my finances due to
medical needs (ok, here it comes:  $6,000 for the month of May---VISA
loves me.....my contractor does not as that was the money I owed
him!) is the sweetest guy in the world.  Every one of his NEW
doctors, nurses and techs tells me this whenever I come in for
something or drop him off for something, etc.  He loves nothing more
than to bake in the sun on the deck (when I let him) or sleep on his
favorite chair in the living room.  At meal time--watch out because
this unassuming gentle, slow, old man moves faster than the speed of
light and has his two paws on the counter trying to help me open his
can of food!

I would like to be able to pay my contractor so that the final bits
of work to the family room ceiling could be completed---but I'm
happier having my boy home recovering from all that surgery and
possibly having a few more wonderful years ahead of him.  {BTW, he
still has a few bloating symptoms:  licking the air and pacing for
about 30-60 minutes after full meals.  But no gassing up, no
excessive drooling (that had been happening the first few days--now
gone) and no vomiting or gagging or coughing, etc.  He's still in
some discomfort from the surgery and does very well on his pain meds
for that.  Maybe, just maybe there won't be anything more to treat
once I hear about the biopsies.....internist is on vacation but SWORE
he would call if his nurse called him with biopsy reports that needed
immediate action to be taken.  So far no news: I take this as a good
sign!}

--heidi, buford, della and guinness the cat