[Dailydrool] Update on Daisy

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:01:15 PDT 2009

Hi everyone!

    Daisy had her vet visit today and there was good news and bad news (but not as bad as we expected). First, the vet said she is about 5 years old (good news). I guess she looked older due to the life she had before she came to us. Her front bottom teeth are worn almost totally away due to knawing on the chain or whatever it was she was tethered with (we know she was probably tethered because she also had a big irritated area on her neck)(bad news).

The rest of her teeth are in good shape (good news). It came as no surprize to us that she tested heart worm positive (bad news), so she will be treated for that. She should tolerate the treatment ok since she is young (good news). She has not been spayed (bad news, but we can take care of that). Now for the best news of all - SHE DOES NOT HAVE CANCER! The huge lump on her tummy (which I was afraid was a mammary tumor) is just a hernia, which can be easily repaired.  So, the plan is, she and Tinkerbelle are going for surgery Tuesday (any extra drool would be greatly appreciated). Tinkerbelle will have the growth in her mouth removed, and Daisy will be spayed and have her hernia repaired.

    Daisy is settling in well and is now enjoying life. We have assured her she is now in her forever home here with us. She has stolen our hearts and we love her dearly.

Drool to all in need, and soft snooter kisses to those whose babies have made the trip to the Bridge.

Brenda and the Thundering Herd of Dog Woods Farm