[Dailydrool] a 'handy' idea...

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 18:40:11 PDT 2009

Today was the day for the much needed and too long overdue BATH for Ms.Brandy! Her ears always get gunky and are a pain to clean- for years I made sure they were kept bone dry during a bath- but about a year ago I started washing and rinsing them out with the shower hose and shampoo ( I use baby shampoo. Used to buy the stuff from the vet at $14 a bottle, baby shampoo works great- smells good and I don't have to worry about burning or itching).

Anyway- I was trying to think of something other than a washcloth to help me get into all those nooks and crannies in her ear and thought of putting on a garden glove. I have some cotton ones that don't have those little plastic things on them. It worked GREAT! Not only does it make it so much easier to get into all those little tight spots- but the glove 'holds' the shampoo much better than just putting it in my hand. I ended up using it to scrub her whole body. Not that she appreciated my efforts one tiny bit! I just wanted to share this as he really made her bath much easier.

She has to go for her rabies shot tomorrow- when I took her for the last one three years ago I was sure that would be her last. I am grateful that she is still here... though I am sure I will not be on her "favorites" list tomorrow either...

droolies, Angelika