[Dailydrool] Heart meds and eating

Drew McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Jun 17 11:39:15 PDT 2009

Whelp, we took her to the vet, and Jane started eating as soon as we took
her off the heart medications. Tomorrow she is having an ultrasound of her
heart, so the doc can see just what's going on here.

Has anyone had a hound who stopped eating while on theophylline or
enalapril? The vet did not seem to think that was a common reaction, but who
knows? Jane is always different, and reactions can vary from hound to hound.

A bit of drool slung in Jane's direction might help too. She hates visiting
the vet, and we hope the news will be as good as possible.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets