[Dailydrool] Heavy Panting and Drooling

BAmox at aol.com BAmox at aol.com
Wed Jun 17 18:08:37 PDT 2009

Allison,

It is not unusual for Bassets (and dogs for that matter) to wander into the
bathroom when they are stressed or anxious. I haven't heard a logical
explanation why. My Phred used to go in there when there was a nasty storm, I
even heard of hounds climbing into the tub. For some reason they feel safer in
there??
A friend has a Lab mix who has very similar anxiety issues but more
constantly. Lots of panting and being very clingy. He gets valium for more severe
episodes, and they tried prozac which changed things but he was just a zombie
at the effective doses. They are also trying rimadyl (carprofen) to see if
there are any physical pain issues contributing to it, as he has mild
dysplasia.
Keep us posted on progress!

Robert and Phred (ATB)

Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New