[Dailydrool] Annie's Resolution

Janet Kapanowski jkapanowski at wowway.com
Fri Jun 19 06:00:01 PDT 2009

Certainly not what we had hoped for, but here it is:

"Randall Treadway was found guilty of animal abuse!  One year supervised probation, pay all of Annie's vet bills, and cannot own any animal for one year."

Some other folks that post on the DD message board had some interesting thoughts:

----------------------

"Annie is doing wonderfully. Janet tells me she now walks with her head up, goes out to the back yard and plays without Janet being right their with her and is truly enjoying life.

No matter what had happened with Treadway, Annie came out a winner. And Janet, too. Annie comforted Janet after the postponement earlier this month. Annie knows when her mom needs her."

-----------------------

"The "slot" you want to be in in law, for a good result is that you want the one side to think it was "too much/too harsh/too whatever" and the other side to think it was "too little/too easy/not enough". when you get that you have likely found just the right outcome."

------------------------

>From Leanne at BRBR:

"This is very good news. While we would all like to see Randall Treadway in a jail jumpsuit, his conviction on animal cruelty will affect him for the rest of his life. He will have a probation officer for the next year. He will have his name added to the DNA lists for regional shelters. He will have to repay Annie's medical bills, a figure in the four digits, plus court costs and his legal fees. This will always be on his record. He'll have to write this down on every job application he fills out for the rest of his life.

This is a big victory. A Tennessee judge said it wasn't OK to abuse a dog.

Thanks to all of you who wrote, called and emailed the Washington County D.A. and judges to let them know Annie's case mattered. You did a good thing."

This is me again!  Thanks to everyone who was moved by Annie's story to take the time to donate to her medical fund or write and let their feelings be known to the DA.  I think it would be very appropriate for us to write him again and thank him for getting a measure of justice for Annie.  I'm sure he had tons of "stuff" on his plate that might have seemed more important to some, but he persisted and got a good result for Annie.  Maybe a cute basset-y thank you card, hmmm?

Anthony Clark, District Attorney General
Washington County
100 E. Main Street
Jonesborough, TN 37659

Janet 'n Twinkie