[Dailydrool] Jane's ultrasound

Drew McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Jun 19 10:54:37 PDT 2009

Phew! There was a big sigh of relief here in Dashing Basset Land yesterday.

I took Jane in at eight in the morning and didn't hear back, so I called and
discovered the ultrasound guy wasn't coming in until the afternoon. Time
wore on and on and on, and they still didn't call. Finally, before they
closed, I made Drew call them. Jane was just done and ready to come home. So
her favorite person in the whole world (Daddy) went to pick her up.

Long story short, she has a faulty mitral valve. But her heart is
compensating fairly well, even though it is a bit enlarged, so they don't
think she needs medication. She may have some chronic obstructive pulmonary
disease that causes the coughing, but it is mild.

As soon as we stopped the medications, Jane started eating again. She has no
problem with the new food now.

We are so glad and thank everyone for the drool and prayers. We know they
made a difference.
Pam, Drew, and all the Dashing Bassets