[Dailydrool] New Basset book?

RON & BEV BURIES rburies at verizon.net
Fri Jun 19 23:49:16 PDT 2009

For the last two weeks I have been attempting to help my Aunt through a very difficult time. Her mental capacity is going down hill fast. She has two toy poodles that are the love of her life. In fact her life revolves around Sissy and Babbitt. The only problem is she can't even care for herself. Her house is a disaster. She has been in and out of the hospital 4 times in the last ten days. I've been so wrapped up helping her out, hospital visits, caring for her pets, shopping for her, trying to  find an agency that would help her. In the middle of all this my brother in-law passed away. two days later my Aunt is found by a neighbor on the floor of her house. She was transported to the hospital again. I have had very little time to grieve with my wife over  the loss of her brother. Today I received a call from the staff at the hospital telling me My aunt will be spending some extended time in a facility that can asses her ability to function on her own. Yesterday a dear friend dropped by and gave me a gift of a wonderful book.
I'm sure someone has mentioned it on the drool at sometime. Today I picked the book  titled "The Tao of Maggie   the sound of one hound barking." Of course it is about a basset named Maggie. It is full of basset wisdom.  Maggie's bark of wisdom was just what I needed to lift my spirits. It's amazing how the Lord uses our houndies to get us through the rough moments in our lives.
                                                                                           Ron