[Dailydrool] Miss Angela asks for healing drool

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Fri Jun 19 20:58:42 PDT 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela DID go on the walk with me this morning.  She dragged a little in the second mile, but made it the whole way without resorting to the flat basset.  She is looking a bit leaner but is showing little energy.

Today, our friend Jacquie Stewart was hurt trying to break up a fight between her basset Freckles (a rescue) and her mixed breed dog Hilda. Jacquie unwisely tried to break them up.  Freckles bit her on the hand and the fight continued as she was pushed into a gate.  Then she fell and Hilda bit her on the foot.  Yes, she was wearing shoes, but the shoe didn't offer much protection.  She managed to get Hilda to go under the porch and pulled Freckles away by her ears!  Then, bleeding profusely, she drove herself to Immediate Care.  She called me when the Immediate Care doc had finished cleaning her wound.  He set her up with a surgeon next door at the big hospital, but they wouldn't be responsible for transporting her unless they called the EMS with an ambulance.

I got there, found her in only a little pain but still dripping blood.  I pushed her wheelchair over to the Ambulatory Care Surgery section.  About 4:30, they took her into surgery.  A couple of bones were broken and lots of tissue damage had been done.  They put a pin in and left a wire sticking out of the end of her second toe.  About 9, I took her home, got her some food and fed the dogs.
She isn't in much pain tonight, but she will be awfully sore tomorrow.  She could certainly use healing drool.

Yes, I am heading off to Bali in two weeks.  When I told Miss Angela about the heat and humidity, not to mention the long flight, she opted to stay with my friend Chris, Lucille the dobie and Elsa the bipolar dalmation.  She will get lots of exercise.  I will enjoy the exotic pleasures of Java and Bali.

Drool to all in need.
Bill (glad to be away from the hospital)
Angela ( now maybe I can get the service I expect and deserve)