[Dailydrool] Ruby, Bo and Harley

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Sun Jun 21 17:04:01 PDT 2009

Ruby humping poor Bo and then Harley goes after him when he tries to stop
her. I am interested in the response to this one. Our Sasha is ruler, Bosley is next, and Chester is dead last in the pack order. No one challenges Sasha, but Bosley tries to hump Chester on our walks. He rarely does it at home, but we go to a kind of wilderness area every day (it's Utah, picture sage brush and scrub oak and sandy trails, but a great mountain view). I have to constantly be on guard or Bosley jumps on Chester---and I mean the humping part is one thing, but he JUMPS on him. I am so afraid he is going to hurt Ches's back. I try to keep them separated--make Bosley
walk in front of me on the trail, and Chester behind, or vice versa. And I
have to be vigilant constantly, and if Bosley makes a move I yell "NO" and
he backs off. Once in awhile he does get a flying leap hump in, and I hate
it. I think I would use a spray bottle filled with water and try to get Ruby
to break the habit--but, like I say, don't know if that is the right answer
and would love to hear what is. The good news at our house is Sasha could care less what the boys do. It is beneath her dignity to get involved in their
squabbles.
--
Marilyn Briggs