[Dailydrool] Maggie Glaucoma

Bonnie Bostelman BBostelman at comcast.net
Sun Jun 21 19:39:50 PDT 2009

Hi everyone

I have been on the daily drool , basset aroo and the basset-l lists since
1997 and I have read about glaucoma and unfortunately my Maggie lost her
left eye last week to secondary Glaucoma and thank doG that her vet Dr Bill
Ebeinger was able to save the right eye. Maggie had a bad infection in both
eyes in 2007 and we think from that her left had been damaged so when her
eyes became irritated glaucoma came on very very pressure because of the
pain she was in. Maggie is doing wonderfully with just one eye but we came
very close to losing her right eye so now she has take medications daily and
see her eye vet at least once a month.

Please keep Maggie in your thoughts and prayers!

Bonnie