[Dailydrool] New Hampshire

Tina Zantrofski dzantrofski69 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 24 04:26:26 PDT 2009

Hi.  Just wondering if there are any droolers from New Hampshire?  My
husband and I and our 3 dogs live in MA but are considering buying some
property in northern NH for a vacation spot.  Didn't know if anyone had any
suggestions where.  This will be a 5 hour drive from our home and I'm also
wondering if we decide to purchase this property, how do I get my very
nervous, anxious 80 pound lab there and back without a heart attack every
trip?   Reba, the basset, is a great traveler, she just sits on the seat and
goes with the flow. Buddy, the mixed breed, as well isn't bad although he
tends to pace back and forth on the seat trying to figure out where we are
going.  Millie, the lab, on the other hand, is a nervous Nelly and gets
herself all worked up with shaking and panting and pacing.  We have a
midsize GMC Canyon pickup truck, 4 door, so they have a back seat but we
have never taken all 3 of them somewhere at once so I guess we'll have to
practice with that and see how it goes.  Another idea was to get a truck cap
and put a crate in the back for Millie, anchored down to the truck bed of
course.  Not sure if we should consider leashing the other 2 in there as
well or let them have free reign with pillows and blankets to cushion the
ride.  Of course, this would only work in the summer when it was warm and we
could have the windows open.  Any suggestions from any of you travelers??

Tina and the crew in MA