[Dailydrool] Mouse

Karen Markisenis kmarkisenis at hvc.rr.com
Wed Jun 24 04:53:03 PDT 2009

This is probably a weird question but we have had a mouse in the house
for a couple weeks and James put out those sticky gel traps. Cowboy
just alerted us to the mouse by incessantly howling out front. The
little mouse is sitting out there, not moving as in running but
definitely alive, breathing and licking his bloody foot that he must
have pulled off a sticky trap. So sad, and we dont want to kill him
now that we see him. He's so cute. But he's obviously injured and we
dont want the dogs to eat him for obvious
reasons and since he may have disease....any suggestions?

Yes, never use that kind of trap again!  Using a snap trap is more
humane.  Better still have a live trap on hand.  ". . . we don't want
to kill him now that we see him.  He's so cute."  You don't want to
kill him??  What did you think was going to happen when you caught him
on the sticky trap?  Did you think beyond your immediate desire to rid
yourself of the mouse?

Karen