[Dailydrool] puppy mill closed - news link

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Tue Jun 23 22:39:37 PDT 2009

>From the outside, it seems very good to hear.. found the following news
story which has more about the current law's closure for loop holes.. seems
the real story happened last year (October), when a warden issued several
violations and opened up a can of worms into why the place had received a
clean bill of health for some time prior  (the second link)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20090623/pl_usnw/raid_permanently_shutters_almo
st_heaven_kennel

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/14641/PA/US/RSS/

One of the original stories (Oct 2008)
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/RecordBreaking_Puppy_Mill_Raid_Reported_
In_Lehigh_County
(note story updated yesterday, but originally published Oct 2008)

Love to look at the bottom of the story from October and read "It will be up
to that division to decide if the breeder gets to keep his license to
operate" and then know that finally the answer was *no* :)

http://www.almostheavenkennel.com/

Looks like most of their interest was in Labradoodles although they have an
"other breeds" section.. Ironic ... their webpage starts off "We stand tall
and proud" ..... should be changed to "bent over and humbled" ... 10 years
of profit (since 1999)

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] puppy mill closed

Wow,  I am so happy here in Pa.  I heard tonight on the news Almost Heaven a
place here in Pa that was a puppy mill was closed down forever.