[Dailydrool] Practice Hounds

Vikki Kiehl vkiehl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:48:04 PDT 2009

Yesterday Sara Sue & Hal E. Gator got to go to the Veterinary Assistant
program at the college & be volunteers for their final exam.  This is their
3rd visit since I got them as fosters in February.  They were soooo happy to
see all the students again.  They don't practice injections or anything like
that.  They learn proper restraint, how to muzzle, how to help the
doctor/tech with bandaging, physical exams... that kind of stuff.  I don't
take Spencer/Cujo... well... because Cujo might actually show up instead of
Spencer!

This time they got to have 4 physical exams in a row.  Which means... 4
temperatures.  They handled themselves well.  Not a noise out of either
dog.  They wagged & kissed.  I was pretty proud of those two.  The students
learned how to handle a basset, all the quirks of the breed, hard to find
crooked veins... the works.  The dogs were never poked, and the
socialization for these two rescue dogs is invaluable.
"We were good dogs!"
vikki
spencer, sassy sara sue, hal e gator