[Dailydrool] support basset rescue

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Thu Jun 25 16:53:07 PDT 2009

whenever you can, please support rescue by $$$, fostering, transporting, fundraising, etc.
there are many ways you can help... not just by fostering.

We are taking in a dog that the owners said they couldnt feed, so for three weeks, she was in the backyard starving. When they brought her in the shelter, both owners were way over 300 pounds.. Guess no food for the pooch.

Another one in OK - who is being saved by All Ears Basset rescue...
Another basset from Sallisaw.  I guess this guy is in bad shape.  He wandered into traffic and just laid down.  Luckily one of the people who works with the shelter was there and got him.  .  Apparenly starved etc.

I am sure these stories are repeated with every rescue where the bassets need lots of medical attention, long time foster care and rehabilitation..

so thank you everytime you support YOUR basset rescue.