[Dailydrool] Dad update, thanks, and no Basset Freedomfest for us this year

The Winstanley Clan leon.debbie at winstanleyclan.us
Thu Jun 25 19:59:14 PDT 2009

Hello droolers,

May we first thank all you droolers out there for the good healing drool. The following hounds sent cards to my father, "Grand Paw", in rehab: Pw Tasselhoff and Fizban; Artie, Ballzie, Thelma Lu and Milly; Rosie, Chubby, Daisy & Zoe; Flash & Ruu; Holly, Noelle & Isabella; Albee; & Rocky. Thank you and your slaves so much.

Dad suffered a set back, but not another stroke, about 10 days ago, and he was put into ICU for a day. He is back in rehab, progressing pretty good. The set back has him really bed ridden. He is walking at therapy, but still needs help with all his personal needs. This includes bathing, & he's on a diaper. He is eating good, but we have noticed some personality changes. He's not doing his puzzle books anymore, and him not paying attention to his always got to have newspaper, is depressing. My brother Bill Jr, sister Louise, and I are coping as well as possible. We only want what's best for our father. Depending on Dad's continued progress, will determine our coming plans for him and us. It is almost certain Dad will need to be placed in a nursing home. My brother who lives with Dad, is no where near qualified to take care of him. For his health and safety, we are seeing no hope of Dad ever returning home again. He built the house himself with my late brother John. Man, this really hurts.

Sorry, but the Winstanley Clan will not be at the Tri State BHR Basset Freedom Fest this Sunday. The last two months have been hectic, and there seems to be now way of catching up. Even the lawn is looking bad. STUPID RAIN! We wish we had the time, but there are priorities.

Most of you in the Daily Drool are strangers to us. But, somehow, writing this posting helps.  My father can not get over all the cards from total strangers...droolers are the best! We love you all, and we can not thank you enough for your outpouring of hope & encouragement.

Drool to all in need,

Leon

Leon & Debbie Winstanley
Slaves to Jacques-amo-Bear, Humphrey the Tank, and Precious da Bean,
Cover Hounds for the 2007 Daily Drool Basset A Day Calendar!
Kitties: Tigger (the wanna-be), Treasure, and Biko.
ATB: Taz, Suzie, Gizmo (Golden Lab),& Kitties ATB: Sylvester,
Hafenhaf, Truffle, Elsa & Sniglet
www.winstanleyclan.us