[Dailydrool] Picture Girls

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 19:58:54 PDT 2009

We took pictures of the girls yesterday for their calendar page.  Two boys and me trying to get four bassets on one couch with headgear all looking at the camera at the same time was a challenge to put it mildly.  We had more fun than the girls but didn't get any usable pictures.  We had the older camera and it just wouldn't quite focus and neither could the girls.

Today we tried again.  This time we had a different camera and went outside.  Poor Nic got the enviable position of holding the leashes behind the bench.  He is such a good sport.  He helped yesterday too.  The girls respond well to him.  All except for Marley.  She gripes about everything.  She talks and yells and mumbles.  She talks back more than certain teenagers I know.

We got a picture today.  Not perfect but very bassety.

Last night the teenager spent the night with a friend.  His bed buddies were not amused.  Shelby gets really agitated when she doesn't get to come upstairs to sleep so son #2 carried her up and put her in our bed.  Ninja was not amused.  Shelby slept by my feet and I spent the whole night trying not to kick her.  Ninja spent the night huffing and puffing about her being there.  Ninja does not share well.

I now have  headache so will call it a day.  The teenage slave is home from work and the girls want his attention.   He gets to carry the sack of cement basset upstairs tonight.

Sending very hot drool to anyone who needs it.  Soft snooters and heart healing drool to Grandma Sarah's family.

Don't forget to check on your neighbors in this heat.  And keep those bassety ones in the cool.  We are spending lots of time over the vents.

Ninja-Dat dum ol mom was lubing dat dum ol cement sister las nite.  She shood only lub mememememememememe.

Marley-Dat dum ol dad is lubin dat dum ol cement sister right now.  Onwy I shood get to sit in hes wap.

Maggie-My noz is ichy. My paw is ichy.  My butt is ichy.  My face is ichy.  I shood get all da rubbbbbbbbbbs.

Shelby-I iz not a sack ob cement.  I is a perfecty rounded girl.  I not hebby.  I jus right.

and the Mom who doesn't want to take another picture for a long time.