[Dailydrool] yet another laugh at the heslave's expense

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Tue Jun 30 12:52:42 PDT 2009

Glenn just called me at work.  He was offering up a giggle at his expense.  At Freedom Fest I bought one of the BIG Henrietta rubber chicken toys for wee Gracie Allen.  It's been sitting on the bed where I unpacked it since I got home.  Glenn fed the hounds and although he fed Gracie in her crate he didn't latch it.  He took the boys bowls downstairs and took his time coming back up to the kitchen.  All of a sudden he hears a chicken clucking upstairs and starts to freak out-"how on earth did a chicken get in the house?" The clucking continues nonstop.  Now the Pw. and Huggie hear the chicken and start to bark.  Glenn runs upstairs and finds Gracie Allen laying on the bed gleefully making Henrietta cluck.  When she sees Glenn coming through the doorway she grabs Henrietta and makes a run for it downstairs which excites Huggie and the Pw. even more.  She races downstairs to the family room to torment Clyde Kadiddlehopper with Henrietta who is still clucking madly.  She lays Henrietta on the floor and growls every time poor Clyde tries to get near her.  By the time Glenn gets downstairs Clyde is doing his best poor sad Clyde and Gracie is still bedeviling him with "her" toy.  Glenn snatched Henrietta before she could be hauled outside in the rain.  Okay Dawn, I guess I need another chicken toy for Clyde-what other chicken characters do you have and can you pack him for Slobberfest?  I know Gracie will just take that one away from Clyde too but Glenn insists he should have one of his own.