[Dailydrool] Fireworks

Janet Kapanowski jkapanowski at wowway.com
Tue Jun 30 17:12:58 PDT 2009

I sent the earlier post about using melatonin for Twinkie to calm her down during thunderstorms and fireworks.  I should have mentioned that we bought the melatonin as a sleep aid for my husband, who is an insomniac, but also a diabetic.  We found that although it helped him sleep, he couldn't use it because it really elevated his blood sugar levels.  ANYONE WITH A DIABETIC DOG SHOULD NOT USE MELATONIN FOR THEM.

My apologies for forgetting to put this in my first post to the list.

Janet 'n Twinkie