[Dailydrool] Rodent-proof food storage containers

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 13:33:13 PDT 2009

Living in Hawaii, it is easy to get mice, rats, (and also cockroaches) in absolutely anything that isn't sealed tightly. We have found the best containers to be small, stainless steel garbage cans with tight lids. These are obtainable from some hardware stores and resist even the most persistent gnawing (which plastic does not--our local rodents even love to drink bottled water by gnawing through the sides of drink bottles).