[Dailydrool] Bud

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 15:20:11 PST 2009

Thanks again to all for the drool and good wishes. Bud is doing better today and seems to be enjoying his adventure. He rode well in the car on our 3 hr trip up here to Stowe, VT, enjoyed a nice turn around the parking lot to potty and has settled in the room. I lugged up beds, mats, crates...all the luxuries of home and got everything set up in the room, showed Bud his favorite bed so he would feel at home. What is the first thing he did? Climb on the bed (remember he's blind....) and make a nest out of the pillows. He's now snoring away like a king. Zuma is next to him, Barney is at my feet and Sage is stretched out on the other bed, next to me, also snoring. Makes me think I should take a nap before dinner too! Oh, Bud's labs were normal, lyme titer negative, so that is all good. We just need to see the cardiologist on Monday and probably start some type of medication. My guess is he had a cardiac event of some type Sunday night or early Monday morning that he is recovering from. Monday was definitely his worst day. He gets a baby aspirin daily since he had his stroke anyway, so not much else for me to do until Monday. The vet just said to make sure he takes it easy, so I called the hotel to make sure we had a room near the door, no stairs, to minimize his walking. I will keep everyone posted, but after a terrifying day Monday, when I thought I might lose him, things are looking much brighter. I'm not ready to lose another so soon....three in six months is way too many already.

We will be sure to forward any extra drool to Archie and any others who need a share, and with luck, once the meds start, we won't need any more at all!

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl
Ace, Maya, Sage