[Dailydrool] Howling

chris bly howl4basset at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 11:49:38 PDT 2009

Every morning at 4:30am one of my hounds starts howling and next thing you know all ten of them are howling, even the puppy. I have been told puppies do not howl till they are a year old but at my house every puppy we have ever gotten howls at an early age because they hear the older ones howl every morning. It has been this way for ten years. I love to watch them howl how their little mouths pucker up to form the ROOOOOO. It is way too cute!! They love to serenade their mom and dad in the morning. And believe me they howl during the day too. One night we went across the street to our neighbors for dinner and every so often we got to hear the choir start up probably 15 times in three hours. It is a hoot!!! This is why I love Bassets, they are very entertaining.