[Dailydrool] Flurble

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:07:18 PDT 2009

So what do you call it when your bassets shake their heads, ears and flews flying, drool going everywhere?  The Colonel dubbed it 'flurbling' and it just occured to me that maybe everyone does not call this basset-move the same thing we do!

And...........you know you're a Basset Slave when you can tell which dog (there are 5 here!) who is flurbling from the sound of the ears and collars and tags and flying flews!  Hannah Lee Dawg has a delicate flurble.  Charles has the longest ears, but at 14, he is the oldest so his flurble is feeble these days.  9 year old Duffy has a ferocious flurble, with stiff ears so it is quite distinctive.  9 month old Pete flurbles like Duffy, but his ears are longer and thinner and more pliable - hence a Sweet Pete Buppy flurble that does not produce the Drool the older dogs do.  And the Dachshund.....he dry flurbles with his delicate ears and lips, but flurbles he does!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me