[Dailydrool] Mutt

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:05:58 PDT 2009

What's wrong letting a "mutt" have a fancier name?  I kind of  took offense
to that comment...Presently, I have what she calls a "mutt"....to  me an
insult to Sammy.  Sammy is a Cavalier, King Charles/basset mixed...  so we
call
him a bassalier...Of course, he's a shelter dog whom we rescued the  day he
was
to be put down....and we love him dearly.. but, personally, I'd like  to
give
him that "prestige" of being called a Bassalier rather than a mutt...I  see
nothing wrong in that.
  Esther, Sammy and Homer ATB
\.....................................................
Esther, I am sorry you took offense to my post.  It was not aimed at your
Sammy.  That was not even the point of my post of what to call them. I am
talking about the whole new "in thing". You rescued Sammy. You did not
intentionally breed him that way and give him a "designer" name to make a
buck.  The people that do this are not bettering the breed.  That is what
makes me upset that a well known magazine is printing things that I do not
want my child to read. That was the point.  That was all.  By the way, I did
not call anyone a "mutt." I said that is what they were known as or a mix
when I was a child (not a designer dog).  I DO NOT call dogs mutts and I
take offense to that being implied.  I simply said what a non purebred dog
was known as.  That is what the quotes implied.

Delinda
Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper