[Dailydrool] Cyst

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Wed Mar 18 09:28:16 PDT 2009

So, we're getting ready to move.  The movers are here packing and I notice that MacKenzie is licking Cysco's ear.  He's had a cyst next to his ear (he's a golden) and it seemed to be going away on its own.  With his advanced age, the vet didn't want to put him under.  I looked at it last night and we're talking GROSS.  So off to the vet this morning.  It's now infected and he's going to be on antibiotics.  If his blood work comes back ok, they're going to knock him out and remove it.  I'm so worried.  We're days away from the big move and now we have a big health issue.  He's perfectly happy, but at 13 1/2 (and very BIG guy), surgery is very risky.  How can I keep the bassets away from "helping him" with his wound?