[Dailydrool] Jamie add note

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Wed Mar 18 09:10:06 PDT 2009

A condolence note said, "I can understand your anger, as I believe that
vets need to "listen" to their clients.  I can't imagine your anxiety as
you waited for the vet's office to open.  We don't have an emergency vet
here either, and I have always worried about something like that happening."

My reply: "There is an emergency vet hospital 80 miles away, but we
thought (rightly or wrongly) that the stress of the trip and subsequent
re-testing, x-ryaing, time-wasting poking and prodding and questions
were not a good alternative. We actually had no idea she was at death's
door. Sick and uncomfortable, yes -- but it was a complete shock when
she just suddenly died. One minute wagging when spoken to -- the next
minute, gone.

Only one of the 5 vets in our town will respond after hours, but he was
out of town that weekend (just our luck). I understand vets not wanting
to be "on call" 24/7, but do think they ought to make exceptions for
active cases under their care."

Riche