[Dailydrool] Just a little drool

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Mon Mar 2 09:42:52 PST 2009

Can I ask for just a small amount of drool for Bud? I'm not even sure we need it, but he seems a little "off". Bud is blind, and going on 12 years old, adopted almost 5 years ago from NEBHR. Anyroo, he seems a little weak in the rear. He walks and gets around fine, but he's sitting to eat, which is new, and has been refusing to come down the stairs for a few weeks now, so I carry him (all 63 lbs). He's a little more restless at night, but eats, poops, pees fine. He stumbles a little on the step to go out back. I tried the neuro test with flipping the back feet over and he fought me, and when I did finally get them flipped he turned them right over. It's all very nonspecific, but I'm just keeping an eye on him. Maybe he slipped on the ice and is just a little sore.

I leave Weds. morning to go to Stowe, VT for a conference until Sunday. I was going to bring Ace, so we could play in the snow, but I think I'm going to bring Bud and Barney (12 years old) now. (Barney has puked in the middle of the night the last two nights). They like the kennel and Bud has the routine down. He loves Kathy (owner) and Karen (assistant) and Barney has a great time visiting the cows, goats and pony while he's there, but it is a spearate building from Kathy's house and I don't want to leave either unattended overnight. I'm not convinced they really want to go to a hotel room with me, but a change may interest Bud and maybe I'll get a better feel for if something is really going on or not. After losing 3 dogs in less than 6 months, I don't want to take any chances. Bud is getting acupuncture tomorrow too, so maybe that vet will have some thoughts. I hope it's all in my head!

Thanks! Extra drool here being sent out to those who need it...Bud doesn't seem all that interested in the drool generated by his housemates LOL

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time...
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl
Ace, Maya, Sage