[Dailydrool] Karen and Archie

Richard Schmeltz richard_schmeltz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 2 15:52:50 PST 2009

If Archie is calling out to you, and you want to answer, you should. Archie is the next soul in need, not a replacement for Tucker. Opening your heart to him would be an act of love and loyalty to Tucker's memory. Think of it as affirming that you'd do it all over again, if you could!

Patty and I have lost 7 dear companions over the years. Each time, in the sadness of the initial loss, we said that we "wouldn't be ready for another" for a long time. Each time, in no more than two weeks (usually less), we heard the next call, and answered it. We've never been sorry. Not once. What better way to honor the memory of a dear departed companion?

--RichS

Husband to Patty, poppa to Jester the Border Terrier, Bullet the Basset, and 7 dear departed ATB.