[Dailydrool] 30 minutes gone

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:27:00 PST 2009

Well, we had to go on a very quick trip to Walmart to pick up some of my
medication.  I go to put Cooper in his crate and the Dad Slave says no he'll
be ok. His blanket had been washed tonight and was drying anyhow.  I tell
him I am not sure about that and Dad Slave says no I have left them out of
their crates for an hour and a half before and all is fine.

  So, we go to Walmart and am gone for no more then 30 minutes.  We walk up
and hear all 4 hounds barking-----Maggie our 9 year old basset (currently
snoring loudly), Mazzie our 5 year old basset, Oliver our 2 year old
"tweenie" dachshund, and Cooper our 9 month old mini dachshund. Our house is
kid and dog proof such as no cords bared, plugs in the outlets, etc.

  Anyhow, we walk in to the kids saying is that poop?  Turn on the light, no
not poop, but something.  Is that leather?  Leather, huh?  Yup, sure is.  I
am guessing "the boys" are the culprits.  One dog bed that looks like a
chair is dragged half way across the room and sure enough the leather is
chewed off, there is a big hole in the arm of the dog bed chair thing, and
there is pieces of leather around the room. Three out of 4 dogs get the
guilty look. Mazzie does the pee pee walk, but always does when anyone has
been naughty. Oliver runs under the table, and little man coop drops his
back end, puppy eyes up and little tail wagging.  The smallest ones can make
the biggest messes. Lesson learned. Next time Dad Slave says oh they'll be
fine then Mom Slave is not to take his advice again.  Not a cheap dog bed
either. Why is it that they destroy the things that cost more and the cheap
stuff lasts forever?

Brrr it is cold in NY state, Negative windchill. Dogs go out and I have to
practically beg Maggie to come back in. Too cold for them to be out more
then a minute.

Drool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper