[Dailydrool] Vent (long)

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:02:08 PST 2009

Ok it is 5:45 my BP is about 1000/1000 and to make this Basset related I
will say that my Bassets do not like these people. Here we go,MomPerson is
madder than hell but cannot do anything about it.

I have neighbors. Since we moved in in 1985 they have gone through 3 dogs:
Dog 1 was an Akita they bought at a pet store. I went over to see him and
asked if they knew how big they got.Nope.Do you know how much they shed?
Nope. Do you know what they were bred to do?Nope--isn't he cuuuuuute? Yup.
That dog was tied up outside. Too big. Too much hair.Too dirty in the
spring. Then they moved him to the garage,full of junk, in a crate.He pooped
all over the garage and crate. Why did he do this? Geeeee... Then they
dumped him. Left him at a notoriously shady Vet and went on vacation. Never
saw Chino again.
Dog 2: shihTzu puppy maybe 5 months old. She put it out front to "do his
business". I said do you stay with him? Oh no, he knows where the yard
boundaries are. They had had him maybe a week.
Week later she put him out front and he vanished.SOMEONE STOLE HIM. Oh Good
Lord i sure hope so. Maybe he wandered off. NO he knew the boundaries he
would NEVER go outside the yard!! Oooookay. Whatever.
Dog 3: Patches. Border collie mix. Knew exactly what she had to do to get
along,and she did it. They loved her.I adored her. She is smart,protective,
capable, funny and snotty. Over the years I have helped by taking her to vet
where I work, paying for grooming, having shots done when neighbor (who
shall be nameless as she does not deserve a name and any name I give her
would be obscene)didn't think they were important. Patches was a sweetie.
She got skunked a few times. They paid tohave her groomed.

This morning I get an email. She is sending Patches to the pound because she
got skunked and she "cannot deal with it anymore". Do I want her?

I cannot take her. Two days after Mitchell's death: taking a 10 yr old dog
and moving it just next door to where it has lived it's entire life--her
knowing her people are on the other side of the fence andnot being able to
go there? a dog who has never been socialized with other dogs coming to stay
with my I'm-In-charge males? She says she cannot afford her. What does she
think, Zelda and Mitchell's care was free???

I AM SO FRIGGIN ANGRY AT THIS WOMAN I CANNOT BEGIN TO TELL YOU!!!!!!
I called her yesterday to warn her about the coyotes because she has a cat.
Oh,that coyote comes through the yard all the time. Well you know, thanks so
much for letting ME know, with my dogs!!!
OH I AM SO BLOODY MAD. SOOOOOOO FURIOUS.
Ok I am done. Thanks. None of you know her. I am never speaking to her again
ever.