[Dailydrool] Anal Gland Growth

Cindy Haney cindyhaney at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 05:50:54 PST 2009

I have been a lurker of the Daily Drool for several years and this is my first post.  I am a slave to Rebel, a 10 year plus male, who has a growth in his right anal gland.  We discovered this 4 weeks ago and have been watching to determine if it was growing.  When we went back to the vet last night it had doubled in size so we have scheduled surgery for next Tuesday to remove the whole gland.  Does anyone have any experience with this type of issue?  My vet had only seen one other in the last ten years.  Is there something holistic I can do along with the surgery?  Please sling some drool Oklahoma way for my baby Rebel.
Cindy