[Dailydrool] Huntley to the Bridge

Lee Grant leegrant at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 3 11:29:57 PST 2009

Yesterday morning our beloved Huntley joined his pack mate Chili at the Bridge. When I woke up Monday morning he wasn't feeling very well. He had blood in his drool and was weak. He had been eating and drinking ok so I thought that I would take him up to the vet to get checked out.  While getting ready to leave he passed away peacefully in the family room. He was 14 years old.
Huntley came to us a little over two years ago. His original food slave was leaving the country and couldn't take him. He was a sweet old guy and very much a devil. He liked to stick his head in my office trash can and pull out old envelopes. On Sunday he went outside to do is business and as it was very cold when he came back in I noticed he had a string of drool hanging. I when to wipe it off and found a frozen stalactite of drool. I guess he needed to give his Dad one last laugh before heading to the bridge.
Huntley is the third baby we have lost in the past year. Daisy passed in March of last year and of course Uncle Chili last month. We are so sad. Especially Dodger as he keeps looking around for his pack mates.
Lee and Reenie Grant
Dodger (where are my buddies at?), Blossom (ATB), Holly (ATB), Daisy(ATB), Chili (ATB) and Huntley(ATB)