[Dailydrool] "Code Brown" Bags

Judy Berryhll fool4bassets at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 10:23:52 PST 2009

Greetings to Fellow Droolers,

I want to send warm greetings to all who have lost their Basset Buddies recently. I can barely stand to read the letters, but since you are grieving, I want to know and to connect with your loss. If I could be with each one of you, I'd give a big hug and cry along with you. I hope you are coping and being encouraged by our letters to you, we do know how you feel, we've all been there (or soon will be).

When I graduated from the Nursing program at our local University in 69, I never, ever thought I'd be sitting at a computer comparing the relative benefits of "poop bags", but here I am. I have a Doxie diva (Evil Elsa), who had 2 spinal surgeries in 2002 for paralysis that have left her incontinent of bowel and bladder.  I have had to come up with some pretty inventive ideas to cope with her disabilities and one of them is to save the rainy day bags from the newspapers, they are double thick, so there's no danger of odor "leaks" and I can usually get 2 "Code Browns" out of each one, (We also have "code yellows" but I'll save that for another day!) My coworkers collect their bags for me also, this saves a lot of $ and I don't have to waste them. If you cut the top of the bag, you can squeeze out the excess air, makes them more manageable and they're long enough you can tuck them into a belt or loop on your pants, they're useful for a lot of stuff.
If your paper person uses the single type paper bags, ask them if they can get
 the double ones, or offer to purchase maybe?
Elsa's poopies are usually well formed, but when they do get "smooshy" I don't mind as much to have to pick'em up with the double plastic bags. (The biggest challenge is getting to them before Archie, my Basset boy, poster child for "Poop Cuisine Machines, Int'l." does.)

I  appreciate all the Droolers who write in ideas, experiences about products, etc., it saves us so much time and energy, really helps when we need to make decisions. You are a great bunch of people to know and since you are all as crazy as myself, (well, some of you aren't THAT bad yet,) I don't mind sharing my dysfunctional Basset-oriented lifestyle with you.
Judy Berryhill in rainy Fresno and Archie, "I don't think I'd like frozen poopsickles, I like'm fresh and steamy :(
(note, I'm using new email address, AKA elsamarie5 at cs.com)