[Dailydrool] Nelly's big day

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 10:30:28 PST 2009

Today I took Nelly to get her stitches out from her leg cysts'
removal. She was anxious, whimpering, etc., but when I never left her
side and we were safely back in the car, she was major-wags with her
whole back end. To celebrate, we stopped at the feed store on the way
home; it welcomes visiting pets. Nelly loved sniffing her way around
the store, visiting a sometime resident sheepdog, and was especially
excited about a pink rubber elephant toy, until some old guy who is a
recent hire came up behind her and growled at me: "Is she housebroke??
Because ya know, them basset hounds can be hard to housebreak." I
assured him she was, and Nelly kind of hid behind me (not my skirts,
LOL) til he moved on. Nelly then trotted over to a rubber mat on the
floor by a doorway....and peed.

I was highly amused. I got another guy to help me clean it up, and he
let Nelly choose her flavor of homemade biscuits to bring home some
for her and Otis.
A good adventure.

Drool to those in need,
Linda, with Otis and Nellybelly