[Dailydrool] Bev's vent

Candray, Nancy M. Nancy.Candray at boe.ca.gov
Wed Mar 4 10:53:18 PST 2009

Bev, your vent is exactly what I experience with my neighbor's dog Mya
who loves to escape from her yard and rattle Speedy.  I never understood
way my neighbor keeps getting dog after dog. All her dogs are kept
outside 24/7. No shelter, no anything. Pisses me off. Actually, shortly
after I wrote to the DD about Mya, I had a chance to "dognap" her as she
was roaming the streets about to get hit by a car. I took her to a
shelter, not in our district but one where I volunteer at. This shelter
runs an animal advocate program where volunteers do the groundwork of
finding a home, interviewing, and doing a home check (like a rescue
would but only dogs are kept at the shelter) I had put my name on her to
be her advocate. No way was this sweet girl going to another bad home.

Later in the week my neighbor, nearly in tears asked if I had seen Mya.
That she loved Mya and was scared she was hurt, yad, yad, yad. I told
her that I saw Mya wandering the streets when I left my house. It made
me so angry because if she cared so much for the dog why does she let
her roam the streets, why always outside, why no attention to the dog.
Of course she couldn't give me an answer and I didn't bother telling her
the rest of Mya's story. Well, as luck would have it, one of my
neighbor's friend went to visit that particular shelter and informed my
neighbor. Mya is back at my neighbors house, again always outside, no
attention, no walks. The only difference is she now can't escape into
the street.

So yes I completely understand Bev's vent and everyone else with a
crummy neighbor. Just thinking about it makes my blood race.

Nancy Candray

State Board of Equalization

Business Taxes Representative

Irvine District Office

Ph: 949-724-2724

Fax 949-724-2933

E-file now, find out how....www.boe.ca.gov

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information.  It is solely for
the use of the intended recipient(s).  Unauthorized interception,
review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of
the communication.