[Dailydrool] Boomer is 4 years old today!

Shannon R Gerdel pheleant at msn.com
Wed Mar 4 16:12:58 PST 2009

Hi Droolers,

        Lots and lots of slobbery Drool is being produced for those that have lost a hound, or a loved one. I have given my kids lots and lots of love this week. I hold them tight, and tell them that I love them.

        Boomer is four today! I want to thank each of you for helping Cathy and I raise him. I knew nothing about Bassets until I joined the Daily Drool. Boomer had his first double cheese burger at Christine's with the Men's, so in honor of those who have gone to the bridge, there will be double cheeseburgers and Frosty Paws all around.

        When I lost my ability to walk, we looked for a minivan to put my power chair in. As luck would have it, the salesperson at the dealership had a Basset that was about 4 months old. Somehow that came up in our conversation, and she stated that she had a Male Basset that her kids no longer played with. I told her that I had always wanted and liked Basset Hounds, and I requested that she let me know how much she wanted for him. The week-end called, they asked if we still wanted him, and said that he was free.

        I had NO idea what I was getting into when I got a Boomer!! I'll write more later.

Happy Birthday Boomer!

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses from the Casper Crew!

In Drool,

Boomer: dogster.com/dogs/235129
Babe: dogster.com/dogs/261208
Arnie: dogster.com/dogs/281040
Shannon (an absolute, total, complete BassetCase): myspace.com/shannongerdel