[Dailydrool] Mitchell & Bio Bags

rebecca lando rebecca.lando at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 14:09:45 PST 2009

First and most importantly, lots of drool for MomPerson, DadPerson, Mr.
Cooper, Sir, Nigel, and Llewis on the loss of Mitchell. I'm sorry this is
late but I'm still catching up on drools from over the weekend. I was
shocked and saddened to hear about Mitchell; I really hoped he'd make a
recovery, and am devestated to hear otherwise. I can't imagine how tough the
decision to let him go was for you, especially so soon after Zelda and your
daughter's keeshond, but I know you know you made the right decision for
Mitchell and, as much pain as you're in, his is gone.

On a brighter note, for Karen, who asked about biodegradable poop bags -
yes! I use these for Humphrey and they are amazing. We use Bags on Board
simply because that's what our favorite pet store carries. The bags tear off
the roll very easily and without getting holes in them and it's so
convenient having the little bag holder right on Humphrey's leash. The bags
break down in about a month, unlike regular plastic bags, which can take 120
years or more to decompose. I can't recommend them enough.

If anyone needs any other bio/eco-friendly dog suggestions, I have a bunch.
And if you have any to offer, I'd love to hear them. I'm big on keeping my
carbon footprint as small as possible. Bill Nye (the former Science Guy) has
a great guide to 'greening' your pet on his show, Stuff Happens, as well as
a guide on Planet Green's website:
http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/stuff-happens/episode-pet-carbon-footprint.html
.

Drool to all in need.

- Rebecca, Humphrey, and Professor Bix (who gets newspapers shoved under his
butt instead of biobags because his poos are too 'freeform' for bagging)