[Dailydrool] Thank you from Lafayette's flight crew

Brigette Rodriguez pwlafayette at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 13:01:10 PDT 2009

I just wanted to post a note to everyone who has sent me emails and cards
after Lafayette went to the bridge.

Thank you ...it's been such a sad last month here, we had hoped for a
happier ending to our blessed life with Lafayette and cry alot about her not
being here. She truly was the sweetest pwincess we have ever met and can't
think of when a four legger has been such a huge part of our lives, she was
our first and only basset we've ever had and feel lucky to have been her
flight crew and all the people we have met because of her (especially her
official boyfurend Pw Gus' family).

We still can't bring ourselves to open some of the many cards and emails we
have received since she took a much too early flight to the bridge, but are
getting there...she would have had her 7th birthday on St Patty's Day and
knowing I will be in tears that day anyways, will probably open them up that
day.

Her pilot (and air traffic controller) dadslave has informed us that we have
received notice that the official Lafayette Earlines jet is now hangared at
the bridge and will be sent down as needed (hopefully not too often!) to
ensure safe passage for houndies to the bridge. We had always promised her a
bigger airplane for all her furends, now she has it.

Her flight crew is still heartbroken at her early departure. We were looking
forward to watching her muzzle continue to gray for many years to come.
Maybe one day she'll skywrite us a note that it's okay for us to get another
houndie...but it's hard right now, because we miss HER.

This may sound silly...but she was an example to me of what is good in this
world...it'll be hard not to be jaded about some things because she left...

Brigette, pawsonal flight attendant to the bridge-jet Pwincess Lafayette
/..\