[Dailydrool] Watson paws in

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:44:32 PDT 2009

Hello Droolers,
Watson asked me to write in and say hello. I came home on Friday to
find a hound who appeared to be Watson, but this one was completely
brown and covered in grass. Watson is usually a beautiful boy who is
tri-colored but mostly black on his body....this strange houndie was
covered in dirt and grass. I had him do his tricks, and under all that
dirt it was Watson...but man! Soo dirty! It's been such nice weather
outside that I believe he's been sunbathing in the yard a lot and
keeping his spotted belly nice and pink. He loves this nice spring
weather when it's not too hot or too cold. I also noticed when he
jumped on me to greet me, that his nails were like dragon claws and
his ears had entire clumps of dirt/slime/water on them. Guess it's
time to call the groomer...

So Watson spent his Saturday afternoon being scrubbed and clipped. I
love this groomer we found. They love the dogs, and they let them roam
around instead of locking them in cages all day. When we went to pick
up Watson, he was waiting by the window all clean and shiny. As soon
as he saw us walking up to the building, he went crazy! We could hear
him howling even before we walked into the door. I knew it was him
under all that dirt! Watson hates going to the vet, the groomer -
anywhere that requires him to hang out with strange people with any
sort of tools, however, it was worth it. Of course on Sunday he was
caught rolling in the grass again, but at least this is 1 layer of
dirt instead of what was clearly multiple layers of dirt.

We just wanted to let everyone know that we're doing well, and that
we're still here - just busy.
We are very sad for all the departures to the bridge and we've lit
candles to light the way every night.
Watson asked me to send some drool out for those who need it.
Happy Spring everyone!
Katie