[Dailydrool] drool needed, deep ear cleaning, pseudomonas infection

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Mar 10 04:03:49 PDT 2009

  Cathy,
   the Bounders have big buckets of drool for your Maggie Mae and her ears.  I am treating 2 seniors here with pseudomonas also.  and while I think we are making some headway,  it is tough going...you really have to be consistant with the regimen of it.
  I am just in the beginnig stages of treatment,  so we are doing flushes 2x a day and hen adding their meds,  topically and orally.
  I have both hounds on a no grain diet, just in case food is invloved with the infection somehow.  We have not gotten to teh point of having to seriously consider surgery on the ears yet,  and hope to avoid it, as I hope you can avoid it, as I hear it is painful on the hound to have this done.   We will keep her in our prayers too.

  wen
  www.seniorhoundsabound.org