[Dailydrool] drool needed, deep ear cleaning, pseudomonas infection

Cathy Burlew cburlew at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 9 20:39:12 PDT 2009

Hi!

Anyone with some drool to spare, could you send it to my girl Waltzing Maggie Mae.  We adopted Maggie Mae last April 12th, 2008.  We think she is around nine.

Maggie has had a rough year, she is still fighting a antibiotic resistant ear infection,pseudomonas.  Maggie Mae has to go to the vets an average of once every two weeks, since Augusts a little less before that.  She has had surgery to open up her ear canal.

We may be gaining, as Maggie Mae now has an yeast infection in the ear, so the environment has changed in the ear, we hope.  Maggie Mae's liver enzymes are elevated, but are going down so Friday the vet will try another deep ear cleaning, if blood tests are good, and we may finally get down to the ear drum.  Then we will know if a growth may be causing the infection and if the ear has to be closed.  Maggie Mae also has crystals in her urine and has a special diet.

Though all of this Maggie Mae has been very good, never complaining or getting grumpy.  For months Maggie Mae had to have six things done to her ear a day, sometimes it hurt, but she would just put her ear up and let us do it. Of course treats were given.

We know the infection was present for the eight months she was in foster care, before we adopted Maggie Mae.  Maggie Mae send drool for all in need.

Cathy B
Waltzing Maggie Mae