[Dailydrool] Update on my fundraising

Leanne Potts leanne.potts at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:14:54 PDT 2009

Leanne Potts has sent you the following message.

*** Leanne wrote: ***

Hello

Thanks to your help, we've raised more than enough money to pay Annie's medical bills from her harness injury. We'll use any extra money to treat other hounds in our care, and there are many. We have 37 right now, 9 of whom are being treated for heartworms.

Best of all, Annie is finally out of the hospital after three weeks in the vet ICU. Her wounds, both physical and mental, are healing. Check out the Firstgiving page to see photos of her in her foster home. She's made some friends, two-legged and four-legged, including a senior basset charmer named Moe. Annie is learning that life can be a wonderful thing.

Again, thanks for your support in getting Annie back together. She has a long way to go, but with your help, she'll make it.

The trial for her abusers is April 1 in Jonesborough, Tenn. Some of our volunteers have been subpoenaed as has the vet who treated Annie.  If you haven't already signed our online petition asking the Washington Co., Tenn., DA to throw the book at these people, please do so. It's here:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/91/justice-for-annie-the-basset-hound

Let's send a message that it's not OK to treat animals like Annie was treated.

Leanne Potts
President
Belly Rubs Basset Rescue
www.bellyrubs.org

*** About donating online ***

It's very easy to support Leanne online - visit: http://www.firstgiving.com/help_annie to make a donation.

It takes a matter of minutes, is totally secure and you can even leave a message with your donation.