[Dailydrool] Cassie Update & Advice!

B. Williams airmaxracn at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 08:03:38 PDT 2009

Howls to all.
A while back I had asked about Cassie having such bad breath, and I do appreciate so many Droolers responding. It has been a bad & busy few months. For quite a while, nothing had been found, poor little gal, and since she has lost 14 pounds in the past 3 months, I mean little. I asked her why, since I have been using my Wii Fit and working out so much, that she can lose that much, but I only lost half of it in a month. She just looks tilts her head and gives me that I am special look! Well, yesterday we took her back to the vet because it was just getting worse. She has a bad infection in her lower lips. I was told when we rescued her that she needed to have her food softened before she ate it so that bloat would not be a problem. Now my vet, who has owned bassets, says I need to feed her dry food only. This is not making her happy, along with the steriods and antibiotics she is on, and she can't have her kong for a few days. boy, she is not happy! It is
 hard for her to eat her food, but she pushes on. Since she is already blind, deaf, and has hip problems, we try so hard to make her comfortable. She will be 10 this year, and we rescued her 8 years ago. Cassie has sent another story to the Bugler, her 4th, so we keep our fingers crossed that all will go well and she can have it read to her soon. Her labs have shown no damage to her organs, so just give her a good thought now and then, and she will certainly appreciate it!

Thanks to all who have E-mailed their advice!

Barb, Alan & Cassie Williams
Fred, Matilda & Harley ATB