[Dailydrool] Rebel's Surgery

Cindy Haney cindyhaney at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 05:44:50 PDT 2009

Tuesday, Rebel, Basset Gentleman from Oklahoma, had his surgery to remove the anal gland with the growth inside.  The vet said he was confident that he got it all and it was contained in the gland itself.  This will be confirmed when the lab tests return sometime next week.  The blood work done before surgery was in the normal range along with the calcium test.  On behalf of Rebel and myself, thanks so much for all the drool slung our way for healing and all the prayers too.  I picked him up Tuesday evening, along with 2 pain meds, an antibiotic, and last but not least, stool softeners.  It became painfully apparent Wednesday that I also needed medicated wipes so we now have added those to all the other post surgery items.  The stitches will come out on the 23rd.  Keep good thoughts for a good lab result too.
Again thanks.