[Dailydrool] Legislation to stop breeders trying to make a quick buck

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Thu Mar 12 09:24:37 PDT 2009

While I am all for legistation that would genuinely stop puppy mills and
greedy backyard breeders, I highly recommmend scrutinizing any new
proposed legislation very closely before climbing on the bandwagon.
In many areas legislation which is touted to be for that very purpose
would actually make breeding impossible for the reputable breeders who are
the guardians of their breeds and leave only the puppy mills to produce
puppies.  Laws whcih require very strict environmental requirements
for breeders may stop the worst mills that house their breeding stock in
old washing machines, but they may also make it impossible for the
conscientious breeder who raises litters in the kitchen or bedroom to be
in compliance.  Laws requiring fees of many hundreds of dollars for
intact dogs place an undue burdon on the dog show enthusiast and  the
reputable breeder who may have 2 intact males and 4 intact females, but
only has a litter every other year.

So read those laws
carefully before writing to your legislators urging them to vote yes.

crazy basseet lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take
time to visit these websites: