[Dailydrool] Ideas please. Long, sorry

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Fri Mar 13 06:24:48 PDT 2009

I work five days a week. I alternate taking the dogs for a playdate one day and leaving them at home the next.
When I leave them in the house, they are silent. When I return, there is no noise until I put my key in the door, then they (Clara) barks like mad with excitement.
After I'd had Clara a couple of months a carer from the old folks' home next door told me Clara howled for 20 minutes, starting about half an hour after I left, then stopped. I also know if one of my girls is at home and still in bed when I leave, they say the same thing.
So, I did know they weren't silent, but I have left Kongs, nice beds, toys etc, so they shouldn't be bored and kick off.
However, yesterday evening I went out for 2.5 hours and when I came home, my neighbours came round and in the nicest possible way, complained they had been barking pretty much non-stop since I left. This had woken their small child and stopped the husband, who works very antisocial hours, sleeping.
Apparently they do it while I'm at work too and any other time I leave them alone. Of course, as we share a wall I must try and deal with this.
During the day, the dogs can go for more playdates. Problem solved. But I cannot always take them out with me in the evening, or take them and leave them in the car if I am going to be any amount of time.

What do people think of spray collars and ultrasonic machines?

Thanks
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK

This email has been scanned for viruses and other threats
using Newsquest's Ironport email filters

This e-mail, including any attachment, is private and
confidential.
It should not be read, copied, disclosed or otherwise used by
any person other than the intended recipient(s).
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately.
Newsquest reserves the right to monitor e-mails in
accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business
Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Newsquest Media Group Limited.
Registered in England, number 3105111 .  Registered office:
58 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8DP