[Dailydrool] "Free-range" animals

Drew McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Mar 13 06:28:27 PDT 2009

<<They were "free range" and had lots of beds and climby things and other
cats to talk to. They were soooooo happy there. The cats weren't very
friendly when people came in.>>

Many years ago, when I adopted one of my cats, I entered a large room
containing at least 60 animals. Almost all of them surged toward me and my
mom (who had come along to make sure I came home with only one cat). It was
quite frightening. Maybe it's better that 60 bassets do not descend on a
human or two--after all they are a lot larger than cats.

Of course I adopted the one that stayed put in the only chair in the room!
She turned out to be the best basset trainer we've had in the feline
department. With a few swats, she trained Jane to be very wary indeed.

I'll bet the Daphneyland bassets are happy to see anyone. After all, bassets
generally love humans. But only Dawn can tell us.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets